Experiencing a work-related accident can be traumatic, bewildering, and emotionally taxing. If you or a family member has been injured on the job in Los Angeles, it’s essential to protect your rights and consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. Workers’ compensation benefits aim to support injured employees in their recovery and enhance their overall well-being. However, navigating the process can be intricate and lengthy, with even a single error potentially leading to claim denial, treatment delays, or increased confusion.
When you or a loved one sustains a workplace injury in Los Angeles, a skilled workers’ compensation attorney is crucial – and that’s where the team at Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera comes in. With our headquarters in West Hollywood, California, we’re dedicated to assisting injured workers throughout the region. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera for Your Los Angeles Workers’ Comp Claim?
- Our commitment to obtaining maximum compensation for clients and furthering California workers’ compensation laws.
- We exclusively focus on workers’ compensation and personal injury law, providing our firm with in-depth knowledge and experience.
- Our track record of helping injured individuals in Southern California.
- Our team consists of attorneys experienced in various areas of law, available in West Hollywood, CA.
- We handle Southern California workers’ compensation cases on a contingency fee basis, making high-quality legal representation affordable.
How Can a Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Los Angeles Help You?
Unfortunately, during a workers’ compensation case, your employer’s insurance company may not treat you fairly. You might encounter obstacles such as claim denial, requests for excessive evidence, or payment delays. Your employer may also make it harder for you to obtain fair compensation by not submitting your claim on time or refusing to corroborate your story. In these situations, a dedicated Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorney from Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera can help you defend your rights and pursue justice.
Having an attorney by your side ensures you have a strong advocate in your corner. Your lawyer will prevent anyone from taking advantage of you while fighting for fair and comprehensive workers’ compensation benefits. An attorney can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, aggressively arguing for a more reasonable compensation based on your injuries and related losses. A skilled Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorney may secure higher compensation than you could achieve alone. If settlement negotiations fail, our attorneys can bring your case to court in Southern California for a better outcome.
As Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera operates on a contingency fee basis, you don’t need to worry about the cost of hiring a workers’ compensation attorney in Los Angeles. We understand the financial hardships many workers face after sustaining severe injuries and missing work. That’s why we offer our services with no upfront fees. We’ll only charge attorney’s fees after securing a compensatory award, and only if we win your case. If we’re unable to obtain a settlement or jury verdict, our services will cost you nothing. Engaging a Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorney with experience in workers’ comp claims to represent your case is the best way to protect your rights in Southern California.
Types of Workers’ Comp Cases Handled by Our Los Angeles Attorneys
At Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera, we have helped clients recover compensation for various injuries, including:
- Back injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Injuries due to unsafe work conditions
- Occupational diseases and long-term exposure
- Repetitive motion injuries and continuous trauma
- Catastrophic or fatal workplace accidents
Compensation for Workplace Accidents in Los Angeles
Our workers’ compensation attorneys in Los Angeles strive to secure compensation for:
- Medical treatment, including diagnostic testing, physical therapy, medications, surgery, counseling, and rehabilitation
- Temporary disability benefits while you’re unable to work under doctor’s orders
- Permanent disability benefits for any lasting symptoms and limitations
- Retraining benefits
- California’s Return-to-Work Fund Supplement payment
- Lost support for financially dependent heirs
As our firm is dedicated to workers’ rights, our Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorneys also pursue every avenue to obtain compensation in cases involving multi-employer or third-party claim issues.
Additionally, we work on a contingency basis in every workers’ compensation case. We will not collect any attorney’s fees until we secure the compensation you deserve.
Understanding Third-Party Claims in Los Angeles Workers’ Compensation Cases
Your workers’ compensation case may involve a third-party claim if someone other than your employer negligently contributed to your injuries. A third party could be a product or equipment manufacturer, subcontractor, property owner, or even the City of Los Angeles. If any of these entities played a role in the accident, an injured worker in Southern California may have a third-party claim against them.
Identifying a third party as a defendant in a lawsuit may require assistance from a skilled Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorney. The legal team at Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera can hire external investigators and experts to thoroughly examine your case. Whether your injury resulted from a fall, toxic substance exposure, electric shock, falling objects, structural collapses, transportation accident, repetitive motion, or a violent crime, our attorneys can uncover the truth and hold responsible parties accountable. We will then pursue compensation on your behalf.
California’s workers’ compensation laws prevent recipients from suing their employers in exchange for no-fault benefits. Once you accept a workers’ compensation settlement, you cannot file a lawsuit against your employer for causing your injuries. However, you can still file a third-party lawsuit against someone other than your employer. Our attorneys can help you bring a third-party action against one or more parties responsible for your injuries. Depending on the circumstances, you may be eligible for financial recovery through both workers’ compensation and a third-party suit.
Workers’ Compensation in Los Angeles: Frequently Asked Questions
Navigating the workers’ compensation claim process can be confusing. While California employers are required to display information about their workers’ compensation insurance provisions in the workplace, most do not provide detailed guidance on employees’ rights following workplace injuries. Our Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorneys at Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera are here to answer your questions and guide you through the claims process. We offer honest, reliable, and straightforward answers.
- Is there a time limit for filing a workers’ compensation claim in Los Angeles?
- Will workers’ compensation reimburse my full salary?
- How long can I receive workers’ compensation benefits?
- What is the average workers’ compensation settlement in Los Angeles?
- Can my employer fire me for filing a workers’ compensation claim in Los Angeles?
These are just a few common questions our clients ask us at Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera. We understand that experiencing a life-altering injury can lead to numerous questions and concerns. If you have additional questions about your recent work-related accident or workers’ compensation claim, call us to request a free consultation with one of our leading workers’ compensation attorneys in Los Angeles. We can listen to your story and provide personalized answers at no cost or risk to you.
It’s crucial to act quickly in workers’ compensation cases, as there are strict deadlines to follow. If you’ve been injured, we encourage you to reach out to our Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorneys at Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera as soon as possible.
Understanding Your Rights as an Injured Worker in Los Angeles
As an injured worker in Los Angeles, it’s vital to understand your rights and the benefits you may be entitled to receive. Our knowledgeable attorneys can help you navigate the complex workers’ compensation system and advocate for your best interests, ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve.
Supporting Injured Workers in Los Angeles and Beyond
At Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera, we are dedicated to supporting injured workers throughout Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. Our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys will work tirelessly to protect your rights and secure the maximum compensation possible for your case.
Los Angeles Workers’ Compensation Attorney: Your Trusted Ally
When faced with a workplace injury, you need a trusted ally by your side. The skilled workers’ compensation attorneys at Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera in Los Angeles will guide you through the complex legal process and ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way.
Do I need to hire a workers compensation attorney in Los Angeles?
If you have been injured or become ill due to your job, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits in Los Angeles. While it is not required to hire a workers’ compensation attorney to file a claim, it can be highly beneficial to do so.
Workers’ compensation laws and procedures can be complex, and having an attorney with expertise in this area can ensure that your claim is filed correctly and that you receive the maximum benefits possible. An attorney can also help you navigate any disputes or appeals that may arise during the process.
Additionally, if your employer or their insurance company denies your claim or does not provide sufficient benefits, an attorney can help you fight for your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
It is important to note that workers’ compensation attorneys typically work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that they only receive payment if you receive benefits. This can alleviate the financial burden of hiring an attorney.
Overall, while it is not required to hire a workers’ compensation attorney in Los Angeles, doing so can greatly increase your chances of receiving the benefits that you are entitled to. It is recommended to consult with an attorney to discuss your options and ensure that your rights are protected.
What is the process for filing a workers compensation claim in Los Angeles?
If you have been injured at work in Los Angeles, you have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim to receive medical treatment and financial compensation for your injuries. Here is the process for filing a workers’ compensation claim in Los Angeles:
1. Report the injury to your employer – You must report your injury to your employer as soon as possible after the accident occurs. You may be required to fill out a form or provide a written report of the accident.
2. Seek medical treatment – You should seek medical treatment right away for your injuries. Your employer may have a list of approved doctors or medical providers that you can see for treatment.
3. File a claim – Your employer should provide you with a claim form to fill out. If they do not, you can download the form from the California Division of Workers’ Compensation website. You must file the claim within one year of the date of the injury.
4. Wait for a decision – Once your claim is filed, your employer’s insurance company will investigate the claim and make a decision about whether to accept or deny it. If the claim is accepted, you will receive benefits for your medical treatment and lost wages.
5. Appeal a denial – If your claim is denied, you have the right to appeal the decision. You can request a hearing with a workers’ compensation judge to review your case.
It is important to note that the workers’ compensation system can be complicated and confusing. If you have any questions or need assistance with filing your claim
Contact a Los Angeles Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
Don’t let a workplace injury derail your life. Contact the experienced workers’ compensation attorneys at Iglow, Bachrach, and Herrera in Los Angeles today. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency basis, meaning you won’t pay any fees unless we successfully obtain the compensation you deserve. Call us now and take the first step toward securing the financial support you need to recover and move forward.